Hello everyone! 🙂
Today I just wanted to talk about something we can all relate to – especially as teens! 🙂
At some point you or someone your close to will go through a hard time whether that be bullying, stress, or something else, we all have those moments when we just don’t want to get out of bed and would be happy to just in the dark listening to Adele break-up songs. So I just wanted to give a few tips and let you know you’re not alone, and most importantly “this too shall pass”.
- When you fall off a horse, get straight back up. Best advice I can give. When you’re going through a rough time it can be far too tempting to just wallow in self-pity for a while. But one thing I’ve always appreciated about Anju in particular is that she won’t let me do that – she does everything possible to bring me up again and to keep me going.
- Keep positive. Maybe this is through doing something you love, listening to “Happy” on repeat, or just hanging out with your friends. Just so long as your keeping positive – which truth be told can be so incredibly hard. But, in order to look after ourselves we have to make sure that we’re happy, and not let anyone take that right away from us. You’re allowed to feel bad of course! But try to remember the good things in life – like hugging your cat 🙂 For me I go on YouTube and watch all the funny YouTubers I know about. Or, I’ll just text one of my friends which supplies a level of normalcy.
- You’ll get through this. Just remember that whatever is happening won’t last forever. One day it will be a distant memory. However, while you’re going through a rough time it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But it is always there.
- A smile says a thousand words. Maybe you’re not going through something yourself, or maybe you are, but other people will be too. When you’re going through a rough time, a smile can do so much for someone. A kind word. A thoughtful action. The small things that we appreciate all the more when we’re feeling down in the dumps.
- Talk to someone. I cannot stress enough how important this is. Telling someone can lift the weight of the world off your shoulders. 🙂
I really hope that this has helped you in some way. I hope you all have a wonderful day and that if you are going through something that you are ok, and I wish you all the best. 🙂
Lui xx 🙂