How are we all? 🙂
Today I wanted to talk about some tips I use for keeping positive 🙂 sometimes it can be a bit hard to keep positive, and it can be tempting to either a) be down in the dumps or b) pretend we’re ok. Neither is a good or ideal option. I’d almost say that at least if you’re down in the dumps you’re being honest, which is still better than not. But, one step better than that is being honest and happy! 😉
So, I’ve consolidated some tips for keeping positive 🙂
- Remember. Remember all those happy memories. Remember all the times you’ve smiled, laughed, loved. It truly does help, and from there you can figure out what you need to do to do that again.
- Sort out. If you’re feeling upset because of the people you’re around, or the situation you’re in, try to find a way out of it. Don’t bother hanging around people that don’t make you feel good, or bring out the best in you. If you don’t like who you are around someone don’t be around them. Life’s too short to waste energy on undeserving people. I think all of us can list a few “friends” we’ve had that were completely draining and miserable to be around. So now that I have the friends I do have, I know I never want to waste my time and energy on those sorts of people again. I know my friends would never do that to me. That isn’t to say that we don’t have down times, where one of us, or all of us, are going through a rough time, but we help each other and allow each other to be helped.
- Help yourself. Sounds harsh, but its true. I personally have little to no patience for people who are completely incapable of being helped or helping themselves. I don’t like being around dramatists and attention seekers – they’re just not my type of people. Some people (most people) have more patience than me and I really respect that they can look out for those people, but I really can’t. I personally believe that the first step anywhere is up to you. You might have help from someone else, but ultimately it’s you in your shoes, no one else (my shoes are too small for everyone else! 😉 ). I think we are all capable of both sides of the coin, but it is up to you which side you choose 🙂 That isn’t to say that I have no patience for people who are feeling down – everyone can fee like that! But I really admire people who make change happen 🙂
- Look after yourself. If I’m stressed I find doing exercise and eating well can make all the difference. Before exams I would go to the gym first so that my head was clearer, and I would eat fresh healthy food like sushi. It’s tempting to stay home and watch TV eating chocolate and chips but you will feel a lot better if you exercise and eat healthily. Exercise doesn’t mean you have go for a run – although loads of people find it quite therapeutic. I did swimming for ages because you can do a lot of exercise but it isn’t hard on your body – it literally is almost impossible to hurt yourself swimming! You could also do yoga, join a gym (this is what i did, and i love it!!), as well as lots of team sports. Exercise doesn’t have to be scary or particularly hard. The point is for it to be beneficial.
- Be positive. Sounds easy right? Because it is! Sometimes it can be tempting to choose the pessimistic path, especially because of social reasons. I used to just put up with negative conversations, and even join in. But I didn’t feel good. Now, I just don’t involve myself in conversations about disliking or hating of any kind. I prefer saying “I really like…” rather than “I really hate…”. It truly makes all the difference how you frame up life.
I hope that maybe in some way this post has helped you or made you think 🙂
I really truly believe whole-heartedly in being positive 🙂 I am proud of myself, and i am happy with myself. but I know some of you aren’t, and I know I’ve been there. But I want you to know that you don’t have to stay there 🙂 As Shakespeare wrote “all the world’s a stage” and it is so true. 🙂 (btw I’m not popping Shakespeare quotes in to look smart 😉 )
I hope you can all go on to have a good day and that you can all smile 🙂
Best wishes and remember you can chat with me anytime, and leave a comment! 🙂