Wrapping up, and Reflecting on the Year| Day 14

Wrapping up, and Reflecting on the Year| Day 14

Hello sweet peas!! 😀

So, for most of us this time of the year means we finish school, whether you are finishing for the school holidays over Christmas, or finishing up for the whole years, it is a time of great excitement… and obviously Christmas!! 😉

I guess I have started reflecting on the year of 2016, which has honestly been such an eventful year, and subsequently one of my favourites, if not the favourite! 🙂

At school this year, I started off with the goal of getting a huge excellence award, and getting a ridiculous amount of excellence credits in order to obtain this. I think Lui at the beginning of the year might’ve been embarrassed by the outcome, but to be honest even though I didn’t complete this goal (because lets be honest, it was asking for a lot!!), I actually feel super proud of what I did achieve.

I think one of the great things about life is that we cannot predict what is going to happen, and that sometimes when we reflect back on what we expected and what actually happened… we are so surprised!

Did I think 12 months ago that I would be writing a blog for over 220 people? Gosh no! Did I think Anju and I would have a YouTube channel! Never! Did I think that I would have had some of the best experiences of my life, and made some of the best friends ever, and talked freely to so many people who share a common love of life all across the world? Well, I am so incredibly glad they happened. Maybe I didn’t predict it, but I am so incredibly grateful that it did happen!

School this year was a lot harder and more work than in years past, and it was my first year of school exams, which was a really different experience! But, when I reflect back on my year I think about all the things I have accomplished, and all the things that have changed and happened in my life this year.

I could write a list of things I have accomplished but I don’t need to validate them by listing them 😉 I think I have learnt to appreciate what matters, and what I have, not what I don’t have and didn’t do.

I remember hearing this great quote once, that went something like this:

Be weird, and be yourself. Because those that matter don’t care, and those that care don’t matter.

So, how was your year? What did you achieve, and change this year?

I hope you’re all having a wonderful day, and I would genuinely love to hear your thoughts about this year for you 🙂

Lui xx

1. December 14, 2016 / 3:17 pm

Congratulations on your award at school and your followers! This year has been a rollercoaster, but also a pretty good year as well!

2. December 15, 2016 / 7:20 am

Congratulations on all your accomplishments! This year has been quite a year for me, but a year of great self growth 🙂

• December 15, 2016 / 2:25 pm

aw thanks, and I totally agree! same here!! 🙂 xx

3. December 15, 2016 / 10:05 am

Best year ever, I think. Made great friends, a “husband”, great teachers, one in particular. 100 followers on my blog and great internet friends. Loved this post!

Nira xx | https://itsnira7.wordpress.com

• December 15, 2016 / 2:24 pm

aw thanks, and that’s so cool! it has been a great year hasn’t it? I hope next year is just as good!! 😀 xx

• December 16, 2016 / 10:52 am

Yea! 🙂 xx

4. December 15, 2016 / 12:45 pm

Its so crazy yet so awesome how much things can change or happen within a year span. It’s also crazy to me how fast it flies by, who ever said time flies was not kidding. Glad to hear you had a productive year and had accomplished a lot, just wait till next year 😉

xo, JJ

• December 15, 2016 / 2:24 pm

haha yes so true!!! 😀 aw thank you, I hope u have a great year too!! 🙂 xx

5. December 23, 2016 / 10:44 pm

this year, for me, has been a pretty bad year because I had a lot of personal problems so it’s been hard for me but reflecting back at it now I really feel like 2016 has really helped me find who I am and I don’t need to pretend to be someone I’m not anymore because I now know who I am and what I want to be x

• December 24, 2016 / 8:12 am

wow that’s amazing! and I know what u mean 🙂 I hope 2017 will be a more positive year for u, and u can take away the self-realisation u have managed over this year with u 🙂 xx

• December 25, 2016 / 12:27 am

Aww thanks! Your so kind! I’m determined to make 2017 a new and better year!!xx

• December 25, 2016 / 5:41 pm

aw thanks!! haha, yes me too 🙂 xx

I'd Love To Hear Your Thoughts!