What Will We Remember About 2016?

What Will We Remember About 2016?

Hello sweet peas!

Prepare yourselves for some very much New Years based posts! πŸ˜€

I love New Years as its when you see all your hard work over the year come together, and you reflect back on it!

So what will I remember about 2016?

• “Closer” – omg how guys? This is going to be one of those songs that we all grit out teeth through in future years and say “what did I actually like about it?’ but secretly you’ll feel nostalgic for 2016 πŸ˜‰ This song took the pop world by storm and suddenly it went from “alright song” to one of the most played songs! (and yes I am actually listening to it right now as I write haha!)
  • Shawn Mendes – how could we forget him? He became such a huge pop sensation this year, and all those who hadn’t know of him last year suddenly knew his life story! <3
  • That Election – do I even have to clarify what country it was? That was one of the most watched – if not the most watched – elections in the US ever! Even people over here were watching the election as it happened. Literally, we all crowded around the computer watching America getting redder and redder. Legit no one was watching Shortland street that night πŸ˜‰ (kiwi joke)
  • Snape died! – I genuinely couldn’t believe it when I found Allan Rickman was dead! That was a horrible moment for Potter fans every where! In fact we lost so many amazing people this year, its unbelievable!
  • We had two more earth quakes here which was pretty scary! No one expected that (and don’t say you did, it deflects from my point πŸ˜‰ ) Plus having an earthquake the morning of my exam was pretty strange! Still sat it though πŸ˜‰ <3
  • And most importantly for me I am going to remember the year I started my blog, and grew so much as who I am going to be! I love that FIOS quote that Augustus Waters says “I’m on a rollercoaster that’s only going up my friend” (sorry if I got it wrong!) because I think that’s howΒ I feel. Life is like that, you have the dips, and the highs, and you just have to know that life goes on. And this year has been such an amazing year for me πŸ™‚

So thanks guys! πŸ™‚ You all made it to my list <3

How about you? What will you remember about this year? What’s on your list? If you do a post of this let me know in the comments and I will go and check it out πŸ™‚ <3

Wishing you all the best day!!

Lui xx

1. December 27, 2016 / 12:57 pm

I know I couldn’t believe Alan rickman died this year and yess how could we ever forget Shawn Mendes as his fame rised. πŸ™‚

• December 27, 2016 / 8:51 pm

yes so true! πŸ™‚ its been quite a year haha πŸ˜€ xx

2. December 27, 2016 / 1:49 pm

Oh my god! I didn’t know he died.. Now i’ll cry every time I watch Harry Potter πŸ™

• December 27, 2016 / 8:50 pm

oh no – oops! it is sad isn’t it? But I am so glad we got to see him play the magnificent Snape! πŸ™‚

• December 28, 2016 / 10:43 am

yes, he was such a good actor!

• December 28, 2016 / 10:44 am

yes so true! πŸ™‚ xx

3. December 27, 2016 / 3:10 pm

Totally relate to your list! Haha, we’ll probably be tired of hearing Closer a few years from now, but it’s on my playlist for now πŸ˜‰. And yeah, Shawn Mendes is pretty awesome; it’s great to see him go so far and rise to fame! Song artist wise I loved watching Alessia Cara rise from YouTube, to stardom; not many know of her globally, but she’s been a hit in Canada (lol, I feel so proud when I watch my fav singers rise to fame πŸ˜‚). Great post!! ❀

~Aqsa

• December 27, 2016 / 8:49 pm

yes I think its so cool watching her grow too! we’ve definitely seen her here in New Zealand πŸ˜€ and I totally agree about Closer haha πŸ˜€ and Shawn Mendes <3
      thanks!! πŸ™‚ xx

4. December 27, 2016 / 4:05 pm

Oh this is a really good idea for a post! I might do it early next year, thanks for the idea!
    And, totally agree with your points. I honestly didn’t know why I loved Closer so much even as I was singing it with my friends! It was one song that brought all of us together though, everyone was digging it.

• December 27, 2016 / 8:47 pm

haha thanks! and omg yes, it is just that song that everyone knows now haha <3 πŸ˜€ xx

5. December 27, 2016 / 6:20 pm

I’m not gonna go as far as saying I loved this year because I’ve had a lot of personal problems but I am very thankful that this year has happened because I wouldn’t be here now, blogging as I’ve built up loads of self confidence xx

• December 27, 2016 / 8:47 pm

I know what u mean πŸ™‚ and I totally agree πŸ™‚ xx

6. December 27, 2016 / 8:48 pm

This post was amazing Lui!!! I have to write this post !!! It’s such a great idea! And it’s so sad that Snape (Allan Rickman ) died. I have been binge watching Harry Potter for the last week and its weird seeing him alive there but dead now.

• December 27, 2016 / 8:52 pm

aw thank you so much! I had fun writing it haha <3
      and yes same, it was so weird seeing him in Harry Potter… he was honestly magnificent πŸ˜€

• December 27, 2016 / 8:54 pm

I know right! I love Snape to be honest!

7. December 27, 2016 / 9:09 pm

2016 will go down in history for the amount of celebrity deaths. This year has been a shocker for so many reasons. I’m looking forward to 2017 and hope it was nothing like this year!

• December 28, 2016 / 10:21 am

yes, and they just keep coming! I can’t believe it really! haha yes, I really hope nothing too drastic happens next year πŸ™‚ xx

• December 28, 2016 / 10:20 am

aw thanks! yes, its been a jam-packed year haha πŸ˜€ xx

8. December 28, 2016 / 1:24 am

This is such a good post, I really enjoyed reading it! I might do a post like this on my blog, if that’s ok?, it will be really nice to revisit big memories that happened through out this year! Xx

• December 28, 2016 / 10:12 am

of course u can do this on ur blog, I can’t wait to read it! <3 and thanks! πŸ™‚ <3 yes, I had so much fun writing it πŸ˜‰ xx

9. December 28, 2016 / 1:51 am

So relatable and true! I love that quote!

• December 28, 2016 / 10:19 am

haha thanks! its great isn’t it? I had a friend when I was 13 who used to always say it in English haha πŸ˜€ xx

• December 28, 2016 / 10:30 am

It’s absolutely great and now I am going to stop before I start fangirling about the book/movie! Haha!

• December 28, 2016 / 10:32 am

haha omg yes! πŸ˜€ <3

10. December 28, 2016 / 12:34 pm

OMG I totally forgot about Professor Snape dying. SO tragic!!! But yes, so unforgettable- election including, I dont think ANYONE will forget that ridiculousness. I will for sure still be jamming to Closer in 2017 though πŸ˜‰

xo, JJ

• December 28, 2016 / 3:58 pm

yes it feels like so long ago! haha yes totally, I’m going to be that person who never stops bringing it out at parties haha πŸ˜€ <3

11. December 31, 2016 / 8:21 pm

I LOVE your list!! Your so creative with your posts!! It’s so relatable ☺️☺️

I'd Love To Hear Your Thoughts!