Hello sweet peas, and apologies for the long title! 😀
I’m back, bright eyed and bushy tailed (is that a saying you guys know?), and on holiday! 😀 Finally after a long (far too long) first term, my family decided to go on holiday!! 😀
In New Zealand, even just to go island to island, usually you have to catch a flight to get there (even sometimes its quicker within the south island just to fly!). Subsequently, its nice to know a few ways to make the most of said flight, so you can enjoy the experience rather than complaining about a four hour flight.
- Have food. I know you aren’t supposed to boredom eat, or mindlessly eat, but food is very good way to satiate yourself when on a long trip, and can fill in some time! 🙂 Usually you can purchase food after customs, and occasionally its actually a reasonable price 😉 We were lucky enough to have a meal included in our seat ticket, and mine was delicious! Usually when I order a vegetarian meal (im semi-vegetarian, so its easier to just play it safe and get vegetarian) it can be really bland or not fill me up. But I have definitely found with Air New Zealand (who we travel with) the meals are just as amazing as the normal ones. We also were able to order complimentary drinks, and you could purchase food on board, however it is a bit pricey!
- Movies, TV, or books! Assuming you don’t get travel sick, having something to read or watch, or even listen to, can help pass the time. Again as part of my ticket fare I got movies, TV, and music, which I definitely appreciated! I watched La La Land (I had been meaning to!!) and oh my gosh it was sooooo good! 😀 But that’s another post 😉 The lovely young woman next to me didn’t have movies, so she was reading on her phone and listening to music, and had bought a magazine preflight. I usually bring a book to read, but I never end up reading it! 😉 I need to be in bed or something before I can enjoy my book fully! 🙂 My brother had Spotify ready to go ( he has the upgraded version, my phone wont let me lol!) and I know he was listening to that the last half hour.
- Methods of combatting travel sickness!! Travel sickness is horrible, and I have only experienced it a handful of times! My brother gets quite badly travel sick, although in past years I think it has got better. Sea-Legs is the name of the medication my family commonly use, the only downside is that it makes you really sleepy, which can be helpful when going to bed! This time round my mum and brother experimented with using Sea-Bands which target your pressure points on your wrists to naturally prevent travel sickness. They both found that they worked, and had no side effects, which was great!
- Clothing! Being comfy is super important on a semi-long flight (okay, to be fair it was quite short). I wore my favourite jersey and denim shortalls, and felt super comfy! The only problem was that when we arrived the temperature was incredibly hot! (a slight giveaway as to where we are lol). I never wear heels, or jeans on flights because I don’t find them especially comfortable, and can be a hassle when trying to run to baggage collection 😉
- Just have fun! Honestly, flights are one of my favourite experiences, and I really feel for people who have phobias of flying. I really hope all of you enjoy flying, and if you get the chance to I hope you have a great experience! 🙂
I hope you lovely people enjoyed my wee list 😉 My next post will be centred around where we are, so you have that look forward to 😉
Are any of you on holiday at the moment? Do you have any tips for flying? Anything that’s essential for holidays? 🙂 I’d love to hear about them! 🙂 <3
Until next time