Hey sweet peas!
Today I thought I’d talk about tips I have for blogging that I think al of us can benefit from (especially me!!!).
- Blog regularly. If you have a certain day you blog, I find that really helps, and sometimes I will write a post in advance to avoid writers-block, or if I’m unorganised!! 😉 If you don’t have a particular day, knowing that you are going to try to post every week, or so helps, as it gives a deadline to meet.
- Make the most of social media. My favourite social media is definitely Instagram, although I really don’t post enough on my blog account! But my goal for the rest of the year is to utilise it a bit more! 🙂
- Give back what you get. This applies to your social media, but also blogging. If someone comments on your post, it is nice if you go back to theirs and do the same. Obviously don’t feel obliged to have to read something, but make sure your readers know you read their stuff too! Which can be incredibly hard the more followers you get! That’s why I say things like “if you write about this let me know” because I will check it out, and it reminds me to 🙂 I try to keep up with reading other blogs, but I definitely need to work harder on that! 🙂
- Edit. Edit. Edit. Your blog is your portfolio of work in a sense, so make sure you do it justice! One thing that I always enjoy is when people have edited, and made sure their writing is grammatically correct, with minimal typos! It makes it more professional, and easier to read. Of course content plays a part in that too 😉 <3
- Take part in blog events. Such as tags, awards, Blogmas etc. Take part in them because it makes your readers feel included if they are tagged in a post, and its relatable too 🙂 Plus it can be good if you don’t know what to post about XD
- Don’t be negative about yourself. I really struggle to read content that speaks negatively about anything, especially when people say bad things about themselves. Be careful what you post, and remember that you are brave to be taking this step into the online world! Be proud of yourself! 🙂
- Be proud of yourself. No that’s not a double typo. You should! If you are taking the step to blog, and to get to know new people, you should be proud of your effort 🙂 Reflect it in your work too! 🙂
I hope you enjoyed reading these tips, and I feel like I need to concentrate on a few! 😉 <3
If you have any other tips you want to share, do comment them down below (I need them!!) 😉 And if you do a post like this I’d love to see what tips you have! 🙂 x
Until next time,