My Relationship With Winter

My Relationship With Winter

Hellooooo lovely people,

Just in case you didnt know despite the lovely, glimmering, sunny photos of the Northern Hemisphere living up a remarkably warm summer (we get all the updates here: Heat Wave in Britain!), it is still very much winter here. And oh boy it truly is Winter. Driving to school with -2 degrees Celsius is quite the experience. But feeble complaining aside… I love it. Like, yes I am that one person who genuinely loves winter over summer.

I would rather wear a jersey and warm pants over a t-shirt and shorts any day (although admittedly I love shorts), I would rather wear a beanie than a sun-hat (although I rocked the cool-dad red sunhat all through Greece – trust me, I wouldn’t take it off! πŸ˜‰ ), and I am always up for blustering snow than stifling heat any day of the year. Over here when its summer it’s a reckless kind of summer; rain, wind, and then suddenlyΒ heat wave.Β Like, too-hot-to-move heat-wave! πŸ˜‰ Plus there is something so comforting, cosy, and festive about Winter, right? I mean sure I love Summer Christmas – except when its too hot to move – but snow and Christmas just seems right. πŸ˜‰

In saying that, I am a fan of summer too. And spring, and especially autumn. But right now I am fully a winter gal. Even if it does entail flu, catching colds, and frozen hands. My steering wheel is not especially cosy first thing in the morning haha!

How about you? What season do you like best? And what season have you got at the moment? I’d love to hear your thoughts – surely I’m not the only person who loves winter! πŸ˜‰

Until next time,

Lui xx

6 Comments

1. June 30, 2018 / 7:20 am

My favourite seasons are probably spring and autumn, more so autumn because in spring I suffer from hay fever haha. I do like winter in theory, because it’s just so cozy, but in reality I hate it because I get cold so easily πŸ˜‚

2. luimaria
    June 30, 2018 / 7:40 am

Haha very true! πŸ˜‰ and I agree autumn is probably my favourite too πŸ˜€ thanks for commenting πŸ™‚

3. June 30, 2018 / 8:17 pm

My personal favorite is summer. I would despise winter if my birthday wasn’t in it lol. Also by the way I am hosting another blog party on my blog and you are invited!

4. luimaria
    June 30, 2018 / 11:07 pm

Awesome, thank you! πŸ™‚ And thats fair haha πŸ™‚ I feel the same about summer lol, although I do love being able to go to the beach… πŸ˜€ thanks for commenting πŸ™‚

5. seraphsun
    July 2, 2018 / 7:43 am

My favourite would be autumn, I hate summers they are too hot (ironic though as I come from a tropical country with disgusting eternal summer), even spring is a little warm (maybe it’s just Japan though), and winters can be unbearably cold as Japan does’t have central heating systems in the buildings. So autumn is just perfect, not too cold nor hot, just the right cool temperature for me, with the wonderful added boon of beautiful red maple leaves everywhere.

6. luimaria
    July 3, 2018 / 1:25 am

That’s fair enough! I have a love hate relationship with summer haha, but yes I’m not a big fan of extreme heat either πŸ˜€ thanks for commenting! This was really interesting to read πŸ™‚

I'd Love To Hear Your Thoughts!