Very important post today 😉 Because the arrival of Christmas treats in the supermarket is hoenstly a cause for celebration. I reckon this year the boxes of chocolates have gotten super excessive, but no point in complaining! Let’s discuss what the best Christmas treats are:
- Scorched almonds. In NZ they are traditionally a gift to give at Christmas, although I love them all year round.
- Maltesers. At the moment you can buy a big gift box of them which is oh so dangerous because you can’t stop eating them haha!
- Magical Elves. I used to get these as a kid so they are kind of synonymous with Christmas now. 😉
- Gingerbread men. I’m hopefully making some of these today, and I honestly love gingerbread men soooo much! Something about ginger and spices is just so festive, and that’s coming from a girl in the southern hemisphere! 😉
- Brandy snaps. I don’t know if they’re eaten outside of NZ (surely they must be?) but these are a must at Christmas for me 😉
Honestly this list could go on for a while, I just get so excited with all the limited time treats we get around Christmas! Plus I will do another post that includes German food that I miss – a lot of Christmas treats right there!! 😉
What are your go to treats? What food do you like, or have, to have at Christmas? I’d love to know! 🙂