Hey all – or should I say Guten Tag? 😉 Okay, we’ll stick to English.
Being that it is a year since I went to the lovely Deutschland, I thought I had better tell you what I am sincerely missing the most a year later!
- My host family. This family were honestly some of the coolest people I’ve ever met, and I am so grateful how much I clicked with them, and how welcome they made me feel. Coming home to their house felt like that – home. I even referred to it as such haha! I’m so excited to get to go back and see them again next year when I go travelling!
- Snow!! I gotta be honest, walking to the bus stop at 6:45am everyday for school in the snow wasn’t exactly fun after the novelty wore off, but I do miss the snow because we don’t really get it where I live. There’s somethign so cosy and festive about it!
- Trains. Sounds random, but I am, so I have to admit that I really miss catching trains to places. Makes travelling so much easier. In NZ the cities/towns are pretty far apart so you have to drive, or catch an intercity bus, or in some cases a plane! I miss the proximity of each place!
- Christmas. They sure know how to do Christmas, and I’d recommend going over at Christmas time if you ever get the chance, because they go all out! Nothing quite like a German Christmas market! 😉
- The food. The food. The FOOD. Like, honestly I just loved eating over there. Top points for the food Germany. Who can pass up hot chips with mayo?
- Speaking German! I genuinely miss stretching my German language muscle so much, because I didn’t really learn it at school this year (long story), so I’m excited to get back into it, given how hard I worked to get there in the first place!!
There are probably half a million other things, but those are the most notable right now to me! 😉
What things do you miss from travelling? Or if you’ve been to Germany, what made an impression on you? I’d love to know! 🙂